The retail industry has gone through drastic changes since the general stores and the mail-order catalogs of yesteryear, it now faces major competition in the form of e-commerce and online retailing. The free Alison course “Introduction to Modern Retailers and Consumers” teaches you about the modern retail formats that exist in the retailing world of today and you will be introduced to how consumers shop in the 21st century. This course will be of great interest to professionals working in the retail industry who would like to learn more about modern retail formats and consumer behavior.
Introduction to Modern Retailers and Consumers Course Content
- The different types of retail stores, such as department stores, chain stores, franchises, low-cost discount stores and warehouse-style retail stores;
- How the emergence of the internet has changed retail;
- The four retail archetypes: lowest cost, convenience-location, convenience-pre selection, and platform operator;
- Why the in-store experience is still essential to shoppers;
- The different demographics of shoppers.
The course is organized into three Modules:
- Module 1: Modern Retailers
- Module 2: The Modern Consumer: Case Study
- Module 3: Course assessment
Summary of Course Main Features
- Publisher: Advance Learning
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Assessment: Yes
- Certification: Yes