This free course will be of great interest to individuals who wish to learn about creating games for mobile platforms and web browsers.
In this course, you will learn about the Apache Cordova platform for building mobile applications, the Enchant.js open source game engine and its features, and how to install and setup to start your video game project in Visual studio. You will learn about setting up your game map, creating a player character with movement in your game, and setting up collision detection for your game.
The course includes the following topics:
- Set up your environment for developing games for windows phone in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- How to create and set up a map for your game.
- Load sprites and other images into your game.
- Add a playable character to your game.
- How to set collision in your game.
- Give your playable character statistics and be able to display them.
- A basic knowledge of game design would also be helpful.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: Channel 9
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level