Our lives increasingly depend on digital services – for work, play and shopping – and so the need to protect our information from being maliciously disrupted or misused is really important. This free online course from The Open University UK will help you to understand online security and how to protect your digital life, whether at home or work.
The course includes the following topics:
- How to recognize the threats that could harm you online;
- The steps you can take to reduce the threats;
- Your online safety in the context of the wider world;
- Different types of malware, including viruses and trojans;
- Network security, cryptography, identity theft and risk management.
This CESG Certified Training course has been developed by The Open University with support from the UK Government’s National Cyber Security Programme.
Summary of Main Course Features
- FREE online course
- Duration: 8 weeks
- 3 hours pw
- Certificates available
- Educator: Arosha K. Bandara
- Requirements: The course does not assume any prior knowledge of computer security and can be enjoyed by anyone interested in improving the security of their digital information.