As people get older, their abilities to perform the everyday tasks that many of us take for granted diminish. Carers need to be available to provide those individuals with the help and assistance that they require to live as independently as possible. The free online course Introduction to Caregiving is designed to expand your knowledge and understanding of the caregiving profession, and help you develop the fundamental skills used by carers during their day-to-day duties.
Introduction to Caregiving Course Content
The course covers:
- The fundamental roles and responsibilities of a carer;
- The basic legal and ethical issues of providing care;
- The importance of confidentiality in the caregiving process;
- The skills necessary to ensure that you can communicate effectively with all members of the care service team;
- How to communicate respectfully with all clients that you may encounter as a carer, including clients who are wheelchair bound, visually impaired and mentally impaired;
- The job management skills that carers require to perform their duties efficiently and effectively.
This free course will be of great interest to any learner considering pursuing a qualification that would allow them to enter the caregiving industry.
Visit the Course Page