In the course “Introduction to C++ Programming” you will be introduced to programming principles in C++, and learn about some of its operators and functions and how to create objects and classes in C++. You will learn about the compilation process of a C++ program, about variables in C++, how they are strongly typed and what that means. You will learn about the fundamentals operations of C++, about loops and the switch statement, and about operators in C++. You will also learn about functions, commenting, creating header files, about using const to make sure variables don’t change their values, and what an object is and how classes help you in creating objects. You will learn about initialization, encapsulation, and constructors. You will also learn about making const objects and problems that can occur with creating const objects.
This free Alison course will be of great interest to programmers or developers who would like to learn more about the C++ programming language.
Introduction to C++ Programming Course Content
The course includes the following topics:
- The three-step process code goes through when it is being compiled;
- Variable types in C++ and how to convert them into different types;
- Why C++ is a strongly typed programming language;
- The flow of control in a program and the precedence of operators in C++;
- What functions are and how they work;
- Creating a header file and an object file to hold functions and objects;
- The C++ standard library and how to include in your programs;
- Ways to call the C++ standard library member functions;
- What an object is;
- How a class can help create complex objects;
- The process of encapsulation within your program.
The course is organized into four modules:
- Module 1: Getting Started with C++ Programming
- Module 2: C++ Programming Principles
- Module 3: The C++ Object Model
- Module 4: Course assessment
- The learner will need to have a good understanding of programming concepts and know at least one other programming language.
Summary of Course Main Features
- Created by: Microsoft
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Assessment: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Level: Workplace – Job Role Training – Level 2
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.