Correct exposure is the key to getting great photographs and modern DSLRs have sophisticated metering systems that can automatically calculate the correct exposure settings for you. However, there are many situations where you will need to take manual control of the camera and the Alison free online course “Intermediate Digital Photography” explains in more detail that obtaining correct exposure for a given photograph involves setting a combination of shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. The course explains in detail how these three factors work individually, and how adjusting one means that one (or both) of the others needs to be adjusted also to get the correct exposure.
The course also looks at the various types of filters that are available, how they function and what effects they have when taking photographs. To help improve your post-production skills the course also reviews tools and processes in Photoshop such as basic color selecting, straightening photographs, using the Crop tool, using the Spot Healing Brush and using Layer Masks.
This course will be of great interest to all learners who would like to go beyond the automatic setting on their camera. Having studied this course you will be more confident in taking manual control of the camera and adjusting the shutter speed, ISO and aperture to get the correct exposure for your photographs.
Intermediate Digital Photography Course Content
- Why changing shutter speed, ISO or exposure can impact each other;
- The reasons for using high ISO numbers;
- The relationship between focal length, lens diameter, and f-stops;
- The key features of Matrix, Center-weighted and Spot metering;
- Main filters and their key usage;
- Best ways to select colors;
- Different ways to straighten photographs;
- The process of removing minor distractions or blemishes using the spot healing tool;
- Advantages of using layers;
- The process of creating a mask layer.
Summary of Course Main Features
- Created by: Advance Learning
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Assessment: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Type: Personal Development – Activities and Hobbies – Level 1
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.