In this four week course, you will explore the night sky, discover how stars formed and find out about exoplanets, all through the constellation of Orion.
This course will change the way you see the night sky.
In the Night Sky Course Content
Starting with its famous nebula where new stars and planets are being formed, this course will cover:
- The seven brightest stars that make up the constellation Orion, including the supergiants Rigel and Betelgeuse;
- Exoplanets, planets that orbit other stars just as we orbit the Sun;
- The Milky Way, the galaxy of which our solar system is but one small part;
- The history of the universe from the Big Bang to the present.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Educator: Monica Grady
- Publisher: The Open University
- FREE online course
- Starts: January 4, 2016
- Duration: 4 weeks
- 3 hours per week
- Certificates available
- You do not need a professional telescope for this course, but you may find at least a pair of binoculars extremely useful.
- No prior experience of the subject is required.