The ALISON free online course “Fundamentals of Biology” presents the learner with a basic introduction to the living world. The lessons explore the characteristics of living things, how to use a microscope, and organisms, cells, and nutrients. The course is an ideal study aid and complement to classes for second level students and is valuable to parents who wish to help their children with their studies.
Fundamentals of Biology Course Content
The course includes the following topics:
- Characteristics of living things;
- Hooke’s Microscope and magnification;
- Animal and plant cells, cell membrane, cytoplasm, cell wall;
- Characteristics of the five kingdoms;
- Types of nutrients including carbohydrates, proteins, lipids;
- The role of the digestive system, the different processes involved when the body digests food.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: XSIQ
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Lower High/ Secondary School
Visit the Course Page