Graphic designers, artists, photographers and all those involved in the visual arts need an accurate understanding of colour theory. The free online course “Colour Theory for Artists and Designers” from ALISON presents aspects of colour and light perception. This course is ideal for any learner who practices the visual arts, either professionally or as a hobby, and who wants to greatly enhance their knowledge and understanding of colour theory.
Colour Theory for Artists and Designers Course Content
Improve your knowledge of color theory by learning the theories and principles that are most relevant to designers. The course presents aspects of colour and light perception and includes the following topics:
- The dimension of colour, colour relationships, and selecting and mixing colour;
- The meaning of chroma, saturation, hue, lightness, colorfulness and brightness;
- The basics of colour vision, adaptation, colour constancy, simultaneous contrast and assimilation;
- Colour mixing such as additive and subtractive colour;
- The principles of colour that are relevant for painters.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 3-4 Hours
- Publisher: David Briggs
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
Visit the Course Page