The comprehensive “Advanced Biology” course introduces a broad range of biology subjects including molecular, gene and cell biology, organic and inorganic compounds, experimental methods and designs, regulatory mechanisms in plants and animals, pathogens and parasites and more.
This free online course builds on the Introductory Biology course. It is particularly suitable for any student of biology at second level, or anyone who wants to gain more knowledge and understanding of the biological world around us.
Advanced Biology Course Content
Improve your knowledge of biology subjects, including molecular, gene, cell biology and much more. Topics covered in this course include:
- The meaning and principles of cell theory;
- Different kinds of cells such as eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells;
- Cellular, aerobic and anaerobic respiration;
- ADP/ATP system and its advantages;
- The molecules found in cells such as vitamins, nucleic acids, lipids, proteins, organic compounds and carbohydrates;
- Enzymes, the life cycle, basal metabolic rate, homeostasis, photosynthesis, disease, the nervous system;
- Experimental methods and designs
- And many more interesting concepts of biology.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: XSIQ
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Post-Secondary