Alison’s free online course in “HTML5 Game Development – Inventory System, NPCs and Battle System“, introduces you to important concepts such as creating an inventory for your player character, running debugging in your web browser, and creating non-player characters for your game. You will also learn about creating new scenes, how enchant.js organizes scenes in a stack format, and about creating a battle system for your game to have some playability.
This course would be of great interest to those who wish to further their knowledge of computer game development and make games for mobile platforms and web browsers.
HTML5 Game Development – Working with Inventory System, NPCs and Battle System – Course Content
In this course you will learn about creating an inventory for your player character to use and display on screen, creating non-player character (NPC) objects for your player to interact with, and about setting up a battle scene and setting win and lose conditions.
The course includes the following topics:
- Creating an inventory system in a video game;
- How to debug using the developer tools in web browsers;
- Creating basic NPC interaction in a video game;
- Creating a shop in a video game;
- How enchant scene stack works;
- Setting up a battle system in a video game;
- How attacks are triggered in a video game battle system;
- Ideas for extending your video game.
Summary of Main Course Features
Duration: 2-3 Hours
Publisher: Channel 9
Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level