Google Analytics is one of the premier tools for analyzing web traffic data. Whether you manage or own a small blog, or run a major international commercial website, understanding how this free tool works can be a source of great possibilities. Google Analytics gives you access to an abundance of data. You can see where your visitors are coming from, what content is popular and whether your website is working well for you.
If you have a website and wish to understand the dynamics of online marketing, join over 29,000 other students on this free ALISON online “Google Analytics” course.
Google Analytics Course Content
The course will be useful to professionals in business and marketing, as well as to the casual learner. Understanding website traffic statistics is important in every business today and understanding this tool well, will make you a more competitive employee or entrepreneur.
The course covers the following topics:
- Why you should link your AdWords account with a Google Analytics account;
- Use Google analytics to see how well your paid keywords perform in terms of conversion rates, revenue, and ROI;
- See which high traffic keywords bring high-value visits and therefore budget accordingly in Adwords;
- Quickly identify problem areas in your campaigns by looking at a metric called bounce rate;
- Track sales down to the product level with Google Analytics, identify the AdWords keywords generating the most profit and refine your keyword bid amounts based on ROI calculations;
- Identify problems with your site by defining a funnel for each of your goals;
- Decide which markets to enter by using the map overlay report and see which regions.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Publisher: Google
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes