Get off to a great start in your new job by learning the essential skills in this free online course “How to Succeed in the Global Workplace“. The British Council and The University of Sheffield have teamed up to help you succeed when you enter the workplace for the first time. Beginning your career or starting a new job brings to mind lots of questions, so the course is designed to guide you through those initial weeks and months so you can make a really positive start to your career.
- This course is designed for anyone starting work, returning to work, or thinking ahead to the start of their career.
- No prior knowledge or expertise are needed.
- The course is aimed at native and non-native English speakers at around intermediate level (approximately B1 on the CEFR) or above.
How to Succeed in the Global Workplace Course Content
The course includes videos from employers from small, medium and global organisations, giving you insights from around the world into what they look for from their new employees. You’ll learn how to communicate effectively across cultures in a professional way and discover the skills to build and maintain relationships with colleagues, managers, and clients.
The course is highly participative and includes articles for you to read, videos to watch and interactive material with tips to help you feel confident about entering the workplace. There will also be discussions where you can learn from and support each other, self-reflective exercises and quizzes. Throughout the course, you’ll be encouraged to collect a portfolio of your work which will help you with developing your future career.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Educators: Simon Carrie and Pamela Hafekost
- Created by: British Council and The University of Sheffield
- Start Date: 26 September 2016
- Duration: 4 weeks x 3 hours per week
- Certificates available
Visit the Course Page