Relationship Between Honey Bee Health and Pollination in Agro-ecosystems
Dr. Rangel will address:
- The importance of honey bees as pollinators, value of honey bee pollination services in the US, and some definitions of ecosystems, agro-ecosystems, and ecosystem services (pollination being an important ecosystem service to humans)
- Basics of pollination biology, morphological adaptations of honey bees for pollination
- Economic impact and benefits of honey bee pollination nationwide and in NC
- Factors that influence honey bee health
- Healthy honey bees ≈ healthy ecosystems?
Panelist: Dr. Juliana Rangel