The free ALISON online course Health and Safety for Caregiving is designed to ensure that you have the skills and knowledge necessary to keep both yourself and your clients safe while you perform your duties as a caregiver.
The course will be of great interest to all professionals working in the caregiving profession, who wish to ensure that their skills are kept to the highest standard possible. This free course will also be of great interest to any learner considering pursuing a career in the caregiving industry.
Health and Safety for Caregiving Course Content
This course will help you develop the skills necessary to deal with a range of medical and physical emergencies, allowing you to provide care to your client with greater peace of mind. The course includes:
- Medical conditions that carers may encounter when working with clients;
- How to identify their symptoms, prevent their spread and, if necessary, treat them;
- Nutrition and hydration to keep your clients healthy;
- Preparation of healthy, nutritious meals for a wide range of diets including diabetic, celiac and lactose intolerant;
- Prevention of foodborne illness by preparing meals in a safe, sanitized environment;
- Emergencies that you may encounter when working with a client;
- How to identify a range of medical emergencies including anaphylactic shock, diabetic attacks and strokes;
- The correct actions to be taken and how to protect your client in each of these medical emergencies;
- How to deal with a range of other emergency situations including falls and fires.
Summary of Main Course Features
Duration: 2-3 Hours
Publisher: Advance Learning Academy
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.