Potatoes are an often overlooked addition to any backyard garden. Packed with nutrients, they are versatile in the kitchen and long storing. There are few things in life that are tastier than freshly dug potatoes, mashed, fried, or baked for your evening dinner. And in the dead of winter potatoes are one of the few garden crops that you can still eat fresh! And the great thing about growing your own potatoes is you can take advantage of over 100 tasty varieties. You will no longer be limited by the 5 or so different varieties grown commercially. Homegrown potatoes come in every shape, color, and size.
This “Growing Potatoes In Your Backyard Garden” course will take you step-by-step through the growing process and give you the knowledge you need to grow hundreds of pounds of potatoes from your garden this summer!
Growing Potatoes In Your Backyard Garden Course Content
This course is designed to teach you the basics of growing potatoes in your backyard garden. You will learn everything you need to know to grow a fantastic crop of tasty potatoes in your first year!
The 25 lectures are organized into the following 5 sections, in which you will learn the simple steps for growing your own Potatoes:
Module 1 Introduction
- Learn why growing your own potatoes is so important.
Module 2 – Planting Your Potatoes
- Choosing seed potatoes
- Growing your own seed potatoes
- What is “Chitting”?
- Cutting potato seeds for more plants
- When should you plant
- Planting using the trench & Hill System
Module 3 – Caring for your growing potatoes
- Why you should “hill” your potatoes and how to do it
- Watering your crop
- Do your potatoes need fertilizer?
- Common pests and diseases
- Why are my potatoes funny shaped?
- How to avoid green potatoes
Module 4 – Harvesting and Storage
- When are your potatoes ready to harvest?
- Digging potatoes
- Curing your potatoes before storage
- How to get your potatoes to last long in storage
Module 5 – Alternative growing methods
- Growing potatoes in containers
- Growing potatoes without hilling
- Growing potatoes in compost and straw
- How to get a super early crop of potatoes?
You just need a simple understanding of how things grow, some room in your garden, and some seed potatoes to get started!
Summary of Course Main Features
- Instructor: Rick Stone – Expert Gardener
- Lectures: 25
- On-demand video: 2 hours
- This course includes:
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
Click the link below to find out the special offer on the price of this course