IT support is all about troubleshooting and problem solving when technology fails us, and providing great customer service along the way. Specialists support everything from networking to operating systems, and system administration to security in the workplace.
The Google IT Support Professional Certificate introduces learners to troubleshooting, customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration, and security. This certificate is for beginners – no prior experience is required.
Google IT Support Professional Certificate Course Content
This certificate is a launchpad to a career in IT. The skills you’ll learn include:
- Customer service
- Cloud computing
- Windows operating system
- Linux command line
- Systems administration
- Encryption algorithms and techniques
The Google IT Support Professional Certificate comprises the following course:
- COURSE 1: Technical Support Fundamentals
- COURSE 2: The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking
- COURSE 3: Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User
- COURSE 4: System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services
- COURSE 5: IT Security: Defense Against the Digital Dark Arts
Jobs after this certificate
This certificate prepares you for an entry-level role as an Information Technology Support Specialist, whether that’s doing in-person or remote work, at a small company or a large enterprise organization. IT specialists solve technical problems at organizations of all sizes. The median annual wage for IT support specialists is $54,760. 80% of learners in the Google IT Support Professional Certificate program in the U.S. report a career impact within 6 months, such as finding a new job, getting a raise, or starting a new business.
Summary of Course Main Features
- No degree or prior experience is required: 61% of learners enrolled do not have a four-year degree.
- Set your own pace and timeline: The average learner completes the IT support program in three-to-six months.
- Learn from anywhere: The courses are 100% online, and there are not any in-person requirements.