This World Diabetes Day (14 November 2017) is a good time to learn more about diabetes. Alison Global Health Initiative is a series of free online courses created to raise public awareness and understanding of common diseases that affect millions of people worldwide. In this first course “Diabetes Awareness“, important aspects of the disease diabetes are covered in detail, such as the three types of diabetes, symptoms and risk factors, diagnosis and prevention, and how a patient can live with diabetes. The information in this course will be of great interest to all learners, especially those who have been diagnosed with diabetes, and who would like to know more about the disease, its treatment and coping with it. It will also be of great interest to all healthcare professionals who would like access to easy to understand facts and information about diabetes that they can share with their patients.
Global Health Initiative: Diabetes Awareness Course Content
- The three main types of diabetes
- The causes and symptoms of diabetes
- Complications and risk factors associated with diabetes
- How diabetes is diagnosed and what tests are used
- How diabetes can be successfully prevented or treated
- How to live successfully with the disease, and how to cope with and support a patient with the disease
Summary of Course Main Features
- Created by: Advance Learning
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Assessment: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Type: Academic – Third Level – Level 1
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.