Geometry Lesson 1 – Building Blocks of Geometry
1) Understand and identify the undefined terms point, line and plane.
2) Define segment, ray, angle, collinear, intersect, intersection and coplaner.
3) Investigate postulates about points, lines and planes.
Geometry Lesson 2 – Measuring Length
1) Define length and congruent.
2) Identify and use the Segment Addition Postulate.
3) Construct a “geometry ruler”
Geometry Lesson 3 – Measuring Angles
1) Measure angles with a protractor.
2) Identify and use the Angle Addition Postulate.
Geometry Lesson 4 – Special Points in Triangles
1) Discover points of concurrency in triangles.
2) Draw the inscribed and circumscribed circles of triangles.
Geometry Lesson 5 – Properties of Parallel Lines
1) Identify angles formed by two lines and a transversal.
2) Prove and use properties of parallel lines
Geometry Lesson 6 – Parallel Lines and the Triangle Angle-Sum Theorem
1) Classify triangles and find the measures of their angles.
2) Use exterior angles of triangles.
Geometry Lesson 7 – Polygon Angle-Sum Theorem
1) Classify polygons.
2) Find the sums of the measures of the interior and exterior angles of polygons.
Geometry Lesson 8 – Lines in the Coordinate Plane
1) Graph lines given their equations.
2) Write equations of lines.