The free ALISON online course French Language Studies – Fashion, School, Work and Finances, published by the University of Texas at Austin, is designed for anyone who wants to learn to speak basic French. The course, the final in a series of four, is broken down into the basics of talking about clothes and fashion, fitness and exercise, school and college, the workplace and looking for a job, your finances and your relationships.
French Language Studies Course Content
The course content includes:
- How to speak in French about fashion style and clothes;
- What exercise you take to improve fitness and stay healthy;
- How to talk about where you went to school or university, and what subjects you studied;
- French phrases and vocabulary about the workplace, different professions and looking for a job;
- How to talk about finances and bills;
- How to talk about your relationships;
- Phonetics: the nasal vowels, the mute ‘e’, links and placing the emphasis correctly in rhythmic groups.
This course will be of great interest to anyone who wants to learn to speak French for use in business or social occasions, and for those wanting to travel to any French speaking country or region.