Making a film is a creative exploit, but just like any other business, the aim is also to make money. Explore the intriguing world of film production and find out about the complexities of development, distribution and finance in the free, online course “The Business of Film“.
The Business of Film Course Content
Using the value chain concept and important independent film case studies, the course provides a practical and in-depth exploration of the key business decisions.
The course discusses the following questions:
- Why do films fail?
- Why are intellectual property and copyright important?
- Why do films get public funding?
- What is the relationship between marketing, box office returns and overall film success?
It provides step-by-step guidance on the main processes, and you will gain an understanding of the questions you should be asking and the relationships you need to build to ensure the smooth running of your production.
This course is aimed at those who already have a basic understanding of film production.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Educator: Hilary Collins in association with Pinewood Studios
- Publisher: The Open University
- Duration: 6 weeks x 3 hours per week
- Start Dates:
- 13 Jun 2016
- 17 Oct 2016
- Certificates available
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.