The course “Entrepreneurship Strategy: From Ideation to Exit” from Coursera, covers in the chronological order each defining step of an entrepreneurial project. It begins with very personal considerations related to getting to better know yourself better so as to decide if you are ready for the multiple challenges of entrepreneurship. It then deals with creativity in order to provide the right set of tools to find an idea with the right potential to disrupt an existing business. You will learn how to gather a founding team, how to raise money to initiate the project, and how to deal with day to day cash management. You will also learn about the art of selling, focusing on business to business sales, and how to measure the product launch phase using cohort analysis. You will discuss the challenges of HR in an entrepreneurial environment, and of recruiting at a point where nobody knows your company. You will also learn very practical techniques to initiate the international development of a small company.
Entrepreneurship Strategy: From Ideation to Exit – Course Content
The course is like an interactive textbook, featuring pre-recorded videos, quizzes, and projects. You will be able to connect with thousands of other learners and debate ideas, discuss course material, and get help mastering concepts. The course comprises the following activities over four weeks:
WEEK 1: Knowing who you are
- 13 videos, 5 readings, 2 practice quizzes
- Graded: Graded Quiz Module 1
- Graded: Writing a commercial proposition which follows your intrinsic program
WEEK 2: Securing the first key steps of your entrepreneurial project
- 12 videos, 6 readings, 3 practice quizzes
- Graded: Graded Quiz Module 2
- Graded: Finding an idea for your company, product or service that corresponds to your values
WEEK 3: Igniting your project
- 14 videos, 3 readings, 3 practice quizzes
- Graded: Graded Quiz Module 3
- Graded: Describing the sales strategy of the company, product or service that you chose in the peer assessments of Module 2
WEEK 4: The path to maturity
- 12 videos, 6 readings, 4 practice quizzes
- Graded: Graded Quiz
- Graded: How would you prepare your exit strategy?
Summary of Course Main Features
- Created by: HEC Paris, founded in 1881 by the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry, is one of France’s oldest elite higher education Grandes Ecoles;
- Taught by: Ambroise Huret, Partner at Eleven Strategy & Management;
- Level: Beginner;
- Language: English, Subtitles: French;
- Certificates: Earn official recognition for your work, and share your success with friends, colleagues, and employers.
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.