With organizations looking to deliver projects faster and cheaper project management has evolved continuously since the 1980’s to help address these needs. The Alison free online course “Diploma in Modern Project Management Theory and Practice” is designed for anyone who wants to learn about contemporary project management. Using the Project Management Institute’s Book of Knowledge, along with other core theory, this course describes in detail the modern theory and best practices of project management. The course includes essential topics such as profiling projects, the phases, and organizational structures within a project, the tasks performed in a project, the leadership role of project managers, how information is communicated, and how and why changes are made to the project plans.
This free Diploma course will be of great interest to all professionals working in the area of project management or those who have become involved in a work project or learners who just want to be able to manage personal projects more effectively.
Diploma in Modern Project Management Theory and Practice Course Content
The essential element of project management is about getting projects completed on time and within budget. In this course, you will learn more about modern project management theory and practice. You will learn how a project, with its associated goals and processes, must be definitively established by a project manager. You will also learn how a project schedule covering both the team members and equipment needs to be drawn up, reviewed and approved, and why the rigorous implementation of quality control is a very important aspect of project management.
The course includes the following topics:
- Project scope and the phases of a project;
- The role of client expectations in a project;
- Leadership skills required of a project manager;
- Advantages of using project milestones;
- Different types of teams and team meetings;
- The communications plan and how it is created;
- Methods of estimating costs and impact of project complexity on the chosen method;
- Quality and the statistics terms used in quality control;
- The elements of risk management during each project phase;
- The components of the procurement plan;
- The elements and purpose of the post-project review process.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 10-15 Hours
- Publisher: Saylor Foundation
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level
Visit the Course Page