The Diploma in Information Technology Management is a free online course that explains why managers must understand how Information Technology (IT) plays a fundamental role in both the structure and control of the modern business.
This free ALISON online course is ideal for management professionals who wish to gain an in depth understanding of the management of IT in the modern corporation. The course is also ideal for those who would like to learn about the central role of IT in today’s workplace.
Diploma in Information Technology Management Course Content
The course includes the following topics:
- The manager’s role in implementing IT;
- Changes that IT makes in the workplace;
- Characteristics of information in a business organization;
- Importance of IT in designing a business framework;
- Types and characteristics of information systems;
- Tools for control that managers have available;
- Globalization and its impact on the organization;
- Types of software available and their uses in the organization;
- Software, databases and tool in information systems design;
- The roles of the users, mangers and designers in the systems design life cycle;
- Various costs and benefits associated with the systems design life cycle;
- Structural design and object-oriented design.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments. A link to your Diploma certificate will then appear under the My Certificates heading of your My Account page.
Summary of Main Course Features
Duration: 10-15 Hours
Publisher: Global Text Project
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.