Digital technologies are changing extraordinarily quickly, and it is difficult to keep up with the changes. The four-week, free, online course “Digital Leadership: Creating Value Through Technology” will introduce you to the new digital landscape. This Digital Leadership course is aimed at top and middle management in any type and size of organization, and in any industry. Whether you’re a CEO or someone involved in improving business competitiveness through digital technologies, this course is for you. You are not expected to have any prior knowledge of management theory or hands-on technology skills to get started. Representatives of both profit and non-for-profit organizations will benefit through a better understanding of how to plan, manage and implement new digital technologies. Digital Leadership is an ideal taster course if you’re thinking of pursuing an executive education, Master’s degree or MBA.
Digital Leadership Course Contents
In this course, you will explore: What it means to be a ‘digital leader’; how aligning business and IT strategies and capabilities will enhance competitiveness; and the role that digital technologies can play in empowering business. The course consists of a variety of videos, articles, case studies, discussions, quizzes and activities based on your own experiences. You will be encouraged to share examples of the role that new technologies play in your organization and how they strengthen competitiveness, enabling you to benefit from other learners’ experience and to reflect on more effective approaches. Although this course is open to all and assumes no prior requirements, it is primarily aimed at senior and middle management with an IT and business focus.
The course will cover:
- Increasing returns on investment using new technologies;
- Designing effective strategies for business in the digital age;
- Increasing your sales and competitiveness in the digital age, using relevant e-competences and skills;
- Building creative and dynamic teams using new technologies;
- Capabilities required to further exploit digital technologies;
- How to align business and IT to improve competitiveness.
Summary of Course Main Features
- Educators: Maks Belitski and Vicky Weizi Li
- Developed By: The University of Reading, UK
- Duration 4 weeks x 3 hours per week
- Start Date: 6 November 2017