Organizations around the world are collecting more data than ever. They are talking about big data, data science, business intelligence, analytics, data mining and data visualization, and there’s an urgent need for people with the data skills to understand, interpret and communicate this information. It’s all about using statistical data to predict behaviors and extract insights about the real world. From businesses, governments and service organizations to researchers, data has become everybody’s business.
“Data to Insight: An Introduction to Data Analysis” provides an introduction to statistical data analysis for those new to the subject as well as those wanting a reminder and a fresh perspective.
Data to Insight: an Introduction to Data Analysis Course Content
- Data exploration and discovery;
- What to look for in statistical data, however large it may be;
- The limitations of data;
- What you can do to avoid being misled.
The course uses data visualizations designed to teach you these skills quickly, and introduce you to the basic concepts you need to start understanding our world through data. The goal is to help you learn to think like a statistician.
- This course assumes very little experience with statistical ideas and concepts.;
- You will need to be comfortable thinking in terms of percentages, have basic Microsoft Excel skills, and a Windows or Macintosh computer to download and install the iNZight software.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Created by: The University of Auckland
- Educators: Chris Wild and Tracey Meek
- Starts: 19 March 2018
- Duration: 8 weeks x 3 hours per week
- Certificates available
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.