Learn to ask the right questions and tell captivating stories. Practical advice for journalists & avid news consumers.
Whether you’re an avid consumer of the news or just beginning your journalism career, in the Udemy course “Dan Rather on Journalism and Finding the Truth in the News“, this renowned news anchor shares his first-hand experiences to guide you through the 21st-century state of journalism. In this course, Dan teaches invaluable foundations on great writing, the essentials of telling a good story, and how to remain calm and captivating on camera — useful skills for anyone fascinated by the power of the news or anyone who wants to contribute to serious journalism. Dan’s rich history and extensive knowledge of journalism, paired with practical, hands-on exercises, creates a unique learning opportunity and rare insight from an American legend.
Dan Rather on Journalism and Finding the Truth in the News – Course Content
This course will enable you to:
- Analyze and investigate all the news you consume and become more informed;
- Tell a compelling story, both on paper and in person, that moves audiences and effectively conveys your point of view;
- Produce sharp, concise writing that gets your message across and leaves the reader wanting more;
- Effortlessly present in front of a crowd or in front of the camera with confidence;
- Comprehend the power and necessity of the freedom of the press and its role in our lives.
The course comprises 34 lectures organized into the following eight sections:
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: The State of Journalism Today
- Section 3: My Time in News & How Television News Changed America
- Section 4: The Art of the Interview
- Section 5: Writing & Storytelling
- Section 6: Speaking in Public
- Section 7: Life Lessons from Dan
- Section 8: Thank You and Goodnight
What are the requirements?
- No prior knowledge or experience is necessary to take this course but prior interest in the news helps.
- All a student needs to take this course is a pencil, paper, and a computer or mobile device with an internet connection.
- A device for recording yourself speak is recommended.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Instructor: Dan Rather, Award-Winning Journalist & Nightly News Anchor
- Lectures: 34
- On-demand video: 4 hours
- Downloadable Resources: 6
- Skill Level: All Levels
- Full lifetime access
- 30-day money-back guarantee!
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Price: $149.99 (Click the link below for details of any special offers)