Game development and design. Learn C# making your first 2D and 3D games for web and mobile.
The Udemy course “Complete C# Unity Developer 2D: Learn to Code Making Games” is project-based, so you will not just be learning dry programming concepts, but applying them immediately to real indie games as you go. All the project files will be included, as well as additional references and resources – you’ll never get stuck. There are talking-head videos, powerful diagrams, quality screencasts and more.
The course uses Unity 3D – a platform that enables you to make production-quality games. Furthermore, these games can be created for Windows, MacOS, iOS (even iOS 9), Android and Web from a single source! If you’re a complete beginner, the course will teach you all the coding and game design principles you’ll need. If you’re an artist, it will teach you to bring your assets to life. If you’re a coder, it will teach you game design principles.
Complete C# Unity Developer 2D: Learn to Code Making Games – Course Content
In the course, you will learn C# (a powerful modern language), including Test Driven Development, a highly valuable skill. You will also gain a general knowledge of game development.
Unity 5: The first part of the course is taught in Unity 4.6, as this is well established and stable. When you get to Bowlmaster we upgrade to Unity 5, and start using its great new features. You can use Unity 5 from the start if you wish, with only minor code differences.
The course comprises over 220 lectures organized into twelve sections, as follows:
- Introduction And Setup
- Number Wizard: Basic Scripting
- Text101 – Text Adventure
- Number Wizard UI
- Block Breaker
- Laser Defender
- Glitch Garden: A Plants vs. Zombies Clone
- Bowlmaster: 10-Pin Bowling
- Zombie Runner FPS
- Twin Sticks 2.5D
- Ahoy Matey RTS
- Continuing Your GameDev Journey
- Mac or PC capable of running Unity 3D.
- A copy of Unity 4.6.3 for early content, free from Unity.
- A copy of Unity 5 for later content, also free.
- A copy of Blender, free from www.Blender.org
- Some programming experience helpful, but not required.
What Students Have to Say About This Course
Students who reviewed the course really enjoyed the instructor’s lectures and approach to teaching. They liked the fact that the material was really clear and easy to follow, so even beginners felt at ease.
Those who have taken this course have also stated that it has everything you would want from an online program. You really dive right into what it takes to start coding and designing fun games.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Ben Tristem – GameDev.tv Founder :: Entrepreneur :: Passionate Teacher
- GameDev.tv by Ben Tristem
- Rick Davidson – Career Coach with 14+ years in the Video Game Industry
- Lectures: 215
- On-demand video: 35 hours
- Articles: 3
- Downloadable resources: 27
- Skill level: All levels
Click the link below for details of any special offers on this course