Apple, Facebook, and Google are three of today’s most vibrant companies. And they have something in common: they understand that the value of their business is built on what they know about their business and their customers, and this gives them their competitive advantage. Information is the key to contemporary business success. Learn how information can give you a competitive edge. The free online course “Competitive Advantage: Using Information to Build Business Success” looks at the value of information to businesses and how using what you know can give you a competitive advantage. This course is aimed at a wide range of learners interested in the way contemporary businesses use information to gain a competitive advantage. It will be of particular interest to new small to medium enterprises and learners devising new business plans.
Competitive Advantage: Using Information to Build Business Success – Course Content
This course is an introduction to a Deakin University postgraduate degree in Information technology and Cyber security which can be studied wholly online on FutureLearn. You’ll learn the value of information to businesses and how it can give the business a competitive advantage. By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Identify how information and IT can generate business value for competitive advantage
- Discover how different kinds of IT investments provide different types of business value
- Analyse your own competitive advantage and the value of information you hold
- Develop a plan for how you can successfully use the value of information in your career
Summary of Course Main Features
- Educator: Rens Scheepers – Professor of Business Analytics at Deakin Business School at Deakin University
- Developed by: Deakin University – Australia’s eighth largest university with more than 53,000 students from more than 100 countries studying online and on-campus!
- Duration: 2 weeks x 3 hours per week
- Start Date: 6 November 2017
Visit the Course Page