If you’re an office worker, student, administrator, or just want to become more productive with your computer, programming will allow you write code that can automate tedious tasks. The Udemy course “Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Programming” follows the popular (and free!) book, “Automate the Boring Stuff with Python“. You don’t need to know sorting algorithms or object-oriented programming, so this course skips all the computer science and concentrates on writing code that gets stuff done.
This course is for complete beginners and covers the popular Python programming language. You’ll learn basic concepts as well as: web scraping; parsing PDFs and Excel spreadsheets; automating the keyboard and mouse; sending emails and texts; and several other practical topics. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to write code that not only dramatically increases your productivity, but also be able to list this fun and creative skill on your resume.
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Programming Course Content
This is a practical programming course for office workers, academics, and administrators who want to improve their productivity. It will enable you to:
- Automate tasks on their computer by writing simple Python programs.
- Write programs that can do text pattern recognition with “regular expressions”.
- Programmatically generate and update Excel spreadsheets.
- Parse PDFs and Word documents.
- Crawl web sites and pull information from online sources.
- Write programs that send out email notifications.
- Use Python’s debugging tools to quickly figure out bugs in your code.
- Programmatically control the mouse and keyboard to click and type for you.
The course comprises 55 lectures organized into the following sixteen sections:
- Section 1: Python Basics
- Section 2: Flow Control
- Section 3: Functions
- Section 4: Handling Errors with try/except
- Section 5: Writing a Complete Program: Guess the Number
- Section 6: Lists
- Section 7: Dictionaries
- Section 8: More About Strings
- Section 9: Running Programs from the Command Line
- Section 10: Regular Expressions
- Section 11: Files
- Section 12: Debugging
- Section 13: Web Scraping
- Section 14: Excel, Word, and PDF Documents
- Section 15: Email
- Section 16: GUI Automation
What are the requirements?
- No programming experience is required.
- Downloading and installing Python is covered at the start of the course.
- Basic computer skills: surfing websites, running programs, saving and opening documents, etc.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Instructor: Al Sweigart
- Lectures: 51
- Length: 9.5 hours
- Skill Level: All Levels
- Lifetime access
- 30-day money back guarantee!
- Available on iOS and Android
- Certificate of Completion
Price: $49.99 (Click the link below for details of any special deals)