The free online course “Community Development – Planning Promotional Programs and Seeking Funding” will help you plan promotional programs for your community project and assist you in getting funding for the project. Using community health as a springboard for understanding community development you will be taken through the process of planning a health promotion program and seeking funding.
This course will be of great interest to professionals or volunteers working in community development and with community organizations. It will also be of interest to learners who would like to know more about community development and its role in changing and improving local communities.
Community Development – Planning Promotional Programs and Seeking Funding – Course Content
Starting with a situational assessment and goal setting you will learn how to create specific promotional objectives and outcomes, choose appropriate strategies and resources, and set indicators for measuring the success of the promotion. The course then takes you through the process of seeking funding for your community development project.
- The importance of planning and managing a promotional program;
- Six stages needed to conduct a situations assessment;
- The different types, gathering methods and sources of data;
- Organizing and synthesizing the data;
- The purpose of and the process for creating outcome objectives;
- Outcome indicators;
- The reason for developing the program plan before seeking funding;
- Key information areas that come out of the program plan;
- Identifying and researching potential funders;
- The content of each section of the proposal;
- The purpose of the executive summary;
- The key areas in technical writing skills.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Publisher: Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level