Modern-day life is heavily dependent on electric power. Our technologically driven world comes to a standstill when there is any disruption to this form of energy. In order for our everyday lives to function efficiently, we need a regular and uninterrupted supply of electricity. To ensure this we need electrical engineers and other skilled workers in the field to transmit, distribute, and maintain our electrical systems and equipment. The free ALISON online course “Introduction to the Electrical Trade” will introduce you to the electrical trade and the types of skills required by electricians working on residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
This course will be of great interest to all professionals who want to learn about the electrical trade. It will also be of interest to all learners who would like to develop a career in this field.
Introduction to the Electrical Trade Course Content
The course explains the basic concepts in electricity such as electrical charge, current, circuits, voltage, and resistance. The course also discusses the hazards of working with electricity and outlines the safety procedures and standards that need to be in place on any job site. It includes the following topics:
- Having completed this course the learner will be able to:
- The significance of electrical trade in today’s times;
- Types of skills required by electricians working on various job sites;
- Terms associated with electrical power, equipment, current, circuits;
- Basic electrical wiring system in residential, commercial, industrial projects;
- Hazards involved in working with electric power;
- Safety procedures and the basic attitudes to working with electricity;
- The reaction and involvement of atoms in electrical circuits;
- The laws pertaining to electricity such as Ohm’s law and Kirchhoff’s law for current and voltage.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Publisher: US AID
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Lower High/ Secondary School