Business analytics: what is it and how can it be applied? The exponential increase in the volume of data that we generate makes it imperative to use systems that are capable of analyzing and turning them into useful information. Our society, businesses, and institutions need intelligent tools to integrate data within their organizational processes and decision chains. The free MOOC “Business Intelligence” will help you find these tools!
Business Intelligence Course Content
This is a self-managed MOOC where you organize your own study schedule and learning journey. The course covers basic definitions in Business Intelligence, with some specific details on database technologies, and some notions of statistical pattern recognition methods employed in data mining.
The MOOC is based on video lessons and quizzes, and is divided into the following 5 lessons:
- Introduction to the system of Business Intelligence (BI);
- Architecture of BI systems;
- Business Analytics: Clustering;
- Business Analytics: Classification;
- Trends in BI.
This MOOC is addressed to a broad audience, but it might be of special interest for professionals in the field of Computer Science. Specially for those who work in Business Analytics and Data Science using data from corporations, and with the aim of: properly storing data, building data culture, discovering hidden patterns in data and exploiting them for commercial purposes.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Teacher: David Masip, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, SpainStart date: Self-Paced Duration:
- Start date: Self-Paced Duration:
- Duration: 5 weeks x 4 hours per week
- Recognition: Course without certification