The balance sheet is a basic accounting concept used to calculate how much cash, assets and liabilities are in our accounts at the end of the day. Knowing how to work through a basic balance sheet is an essential skill that everybody should know how to do and balance sheets are an excellent way to put your personal finances into perspective on paper.
Introduction to Balance Sheets Course Content
This free ALISON online course includes the following topics:
- The basic accounting concept of balance sheets;
- Personal finances using balance sheets;
- The pros and cons of personal debt when considering a loan;
- Case study of buying a house versus renting a house;
- Assets, liabilities, equity and marking to market.
This course will be of interest to anyone wishing to learn how to use balance sheets to organise their finances, especially when deciding to invest in property or take out a loan for whatever reason.
Summary of Main Course Features
Duration: 1-2 Hours
Publisher: Khan Academy