- What skills are important for success in the IELTS Academic test?
- How do IELTS examiners assess your level?
- What do you need to do in order to improve your IELTS band score?
The five-week course “Inside IELTS: Preparing for the Test with the Experts” will help you find answers to questions like these. Learn about the skills you need for IELTS Academic and beyond, on this free online course from the experts who produce the test.
The course is aimed at people preparing for IELTS Academic. If you are preparing for IELTS General Training, you will find that some of this course is useful for you, but not all.
Inside IELTS: Preparing for the Test with the Experts – Course Content
This free online course is created by Cambridge English Language Assessment (part of the University of Cambridge), who produce the IELTS test. In the course you will have the chance to try authentic IELTS practice tasks and learn exactly what skills they’re testing and how they’re marked. You’ll get a clearer idea of what and how to study, both to prepare for the test and to develop your academic English skills.
The course includes the following topics:
- How IELTS Writing and Speaking are assessed;
- Share your own writing and speaking with experts and other learners;
- The different Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking tasks in the test and how to do your best in these;
- Understand your own strengths and needs, so that you can get a better IELTS band score and improve your English;
- How English is used at university, and how this is related to the IELTS test;
- Prepare for the IELTS test in a way that will benefit you beyond the exam.
What is Required?
- This course is for anyone who wants to improve their IELTS score. It is especially useful for people who want to take IELTS Academic and go to university.
- English at level B1 (around IELTS band 4.5) or higher is recommended to take the course.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Educator: Gad Lim
- Publisher: Cambridge English Language Assessment
- Duration: 5 weeks x 3 hours per week
- Start Date: 12 September, 2016
- Certificate: Yes