Online technologies, social media and open education have made learning ubiquitous. This Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) will introduce you to 21st-century learning practices. You will have a chance to evaluate your digital literacies, create your own personal learning environment, find open educational resources, explore virtual worlds and more! The “21st-Century Learning” course is available free of charge in English and Spanish.
21st-Century Learning Course Content
Each lesson of this MOOC begins with a video to introduce the topic, followed by text explaining the main features of the topic with multiple links whereby learners can learn more about any of the points raised. Lessons end with a collaborative task to facilitate reflection and elaboration. There is no formal assessment.
The course is organized into the following six lessons:
- Introduction and Digital Literacies;
- Current Learning Technologies;
- Open Education;
- Social Media;
- Virtual Worlds and Augmented Reality;
- Future Scenarios.
By the end of this MOOC, successful participants will be able to:
- Describe current learning technologies, resources, and practices;
- Analyze their own learning practices;
- Incorporate new practices into their own teaching.
This MOOC will be of particular interest to teachers, commercial trainers, course designers,
librarians, lecturers and anyone interested in how technology, society, and teaching practice
are changing the learning experience.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Teacher: Grainne Conole, University of Bath, UK
- Start date: February 29, 2016
- Duration: 6 weeks x 2-3 hours per week
- Languages: English and Spanish
- Recognition: EMMA certificate of completion
- Provided by: Università Federico II Napoli, Italy and University of Bath, UK