Combine theory and practice to tell powerful stories through film online. Unleash your potential in this free online course – “Digital Storytelling: Filmmaking for the Web“.
It will look at filmmaking theory and practice, and how they interact to produce good and even meaningful stories, helping you develop short films for digital platforms.
- This course is for those who want to start creating and distributing their own film content online.
- You could be a graduate or already working within the television industry, either as a new entrant or an established freelancer wanting to expand your skillset.
- It’s for anyone who has a story to tell and wants to use the medium of film to tell it, but doesn’t quite know where to start.
Digital Storytelling Course Content
There are many principles and processes that make a story work on film, so that what viewers see is a compelling narrative.The course covers the folllowing aspects of production:
- How to research your story;
- Critical thinking;
- Story structure;
- Style; Genre; Ethics; Legalities;
- Practical techniques for camera, sound and lighting;
- Adding the finishing touches in the edit.
Summary of the Main Course Features
- Educators: Michele Aaron and Richard Langley
- Publisher: The University of Birmingham, the BBC Academy and Creative Skillset.
- Duration: 4 weeks x 3 hours per week
- Starts: 29 February, 2016
- Certificates available