As a home-based freelancer, there are key skills that can truly make the difference between getting by, and being successful. ALISON is the perfect fit for growth-hungry freelancers due to the flexibility of learning in your own time and at your own pace – and at no cost.
Here are some the key skills you will need, and links to free courses where you can obtain the skills:
- As a freelancer, you are your own boss, responsible for growing your management and marketing skills knowledge and committed to staying focused and productive as a successful business entrepreneur.
- Time and project management are must-have knowledge tools to save you precious resources such as time and encourage productivity.
- Knowing how to network and market yourself effectively – particularly online – is essential if you want to stand out from your competitors. Now more than ever, if you’re not on social media, you’re missing out. Learn how to get yourself up and running on social media, then once you get started, discover how to get yourself noticed.
- Getting your written communication skills perfected is hugely important when it’s sometimes the only contact you might have with a client. Polish up on your English grammar skills with this ALISON course.
- Position yourself as the best solution. Multiple computing skills are extremely useful for any freelancer, giving you the opportunity to offer your client a package of key services without having to find, and pay for, a number of different, and costly, professionals.
ALISON also offers a large number of free, online, self-paced entrepreneurship courses to help you successfully grow your business from your own home.