Becoming a pharmacy technician is a simpler path than most students think. While many students are convinced that becoming certified involves months of schooling – currently this is NOT the case. To become a certified pharmacy technician an individual must:
- Register with the PTCB or ExCPT to take a certification exam. Most states require the PTCB, but the ExCPT is accepted in many states.
- Study the required material to pass the PTCB or ExCPT examination.
- Pass your exam!
- Register with your respective State Board of Pharmacy.
The Udemy course “Become a Pharmacy Technician” is designed to help students learn the concepts needed to become a certified pharmacy technician (C. Ph.T).
Become a Pharmacy Technician Course Content
Many different topics are covered in the course, including pharmacy law, common abbreviations, commonly used calculations, and many other skills used by pharmacy technicians in their day to day tasks. Utilizing the advantages of a self-paced course, students will be able to prepare to take the certification exam needed to work as a pharmacy technician.
Included in this course are how-to videos, drugs lists, commonly seen abbreviations, pharmaceutical calculations, sample test questions, and other resources useful in a successful pharmacy career. The course comprises 42 lectures organized into the following six sections:
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Pharmacy Abbreviations
- Section 3: Medications
- Section 4: Pharmacy Math
- Section 5: Pharmacy Law
- Section 6: Conclusion
Summary of Main Course Features
- Instructor: Steven Pettit, Pharm.D.
- Lectures: 42
- Length: 5 hours
- Skill Level: Intermediate Level
- Lifetime access
- 30-day money back guarantee!
- Available on iOS and Android
- Certificate of Completion